Qualifications and Requirements Include:
• A Ph.D. is required by the time of employment
• Must be able to teach courses in speech, writing (technical, journalistic, and other various media), communication theory, as well as their areas of specialization.
• Willing to upholds and support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
• Willing to support the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
• Willing to build a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. Qualified applicants should submit (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) teaching portfolio—consisting of the most recent set of teaching evaluations, 2-3 sample syllabi, and a statement of teaching philosophy, (4) example of professional work which may consist of writing / research sample (please limit written work to no more than ten pages) or production work, (5) official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and (6) three letters of recommendation to the link here - either click the link or copy and paste it into your browser: https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/FGA3NSZVHv/Assistant-Professor-Of-Communication. To send additional materials along with your application, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer