The Thomas More Society is a not-for-profit, national public interest law firm dedicated to restoring respect in law for life, family, and religious liberty. Based in Chicago, the Thomas More Society defends and fosters support for these causes by providing high quality pro bono legal service from local trial courts all the way up to the United States Supreme Court.
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Report to: Executive Vice President & General Counsel
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Position Overview and Primary Job Responsibilities: The Communications Coordinator will help manage the firm’s national communications across all mediums and help develop and implement a long-term communications plan. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for identifying short-term and long-term communications objectives and orchestrating day-to-day communications matters. The Communications Coordinator will help oversee firm branding and ensure consistency across advertising mediums and geographic areas, and will identify new marketing initiatives. The job responsibilities will also include evaluating and helping to select opportunities to invest in new marketing software, strategies, and programs, and creating and curating content for the firm’s media and news outlets, and for printed materials, logo gear, and other marketing materials. Additionally, the Communications Coordinator will organize and manage fundraising events and other projects.
The Communications Coordinator will be an essential team member in managing the Society’s public profile. S/he will work directly with the leaders of the organization and the organization’s top clients and collaborators.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or relevant field
- 3 to 5 years’ work experience in marketing, communications, advertising, or relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience and initiative
- Ability to work independently with little oversight
- Excellent project management skills
- Familiarity with AP Style (desirable)
- Experience in communications and event planning
- Interest in the legal profession (desirable)
- Proficiency in the following computer functions and features: Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, and Publisher), online analytical tools for Google and social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Hootsuite
- Experience in maintaining websites and social media pages
- DSLR photography experience, graphic design, and HTML experience not required but preferred
- Respect for the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church
- Demonstrated interest in the pro-life/pro-family/religious liberty movement
This is a Chicago-based, full-time, salaried position.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send the following to Cristina Burke, Office Manager, at email@example.com. Please include “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
- Cover letter including a personal statement of support for the pro-life movement and the Thomas More Society’s mission as well as how your experience and background will help advance our mission. Applicants who do not include this in their cover letter will be rejected without further review.
- Writing samples related to position requirements (e.g., brochure copy, press releases, staff biographies)
- Salary requirement
- Links to your online work product that you are free to share
- 3 or more professional references
No telephone inquiries or office visits will be accepted at this time.