Title: Manager of Donor Relations
Report to: Senior Counselor, Thomas More Society
Job Summary: Opportunity to help build a strong and sustainable culture of life in support of the country’s top pro-life and pro-family public interest law firm. The Manager of Donor Relations will develop and execute major and planned gift strategies that will sustain and grow current major gifts while identifying and soliciting new major and planned gift commitments from the Thomas More Society’s growing donor base. Working with the Thomas More Society’s outstanding legal team, the Manager of Donor Relations will also organize events that increase the Thomas More Society’s profile with current and prospective major donors.
- Build a caseload of at least 150 major/planned gift donors ($5,000+) through personal meetings, phone conversations, and digital communications. Systematically develop, maintain, and cultivate relationships with current major donors while qualifying and soliciting new major gifts.
- Create and coordinate stewardship efforts to strengthen current major gift donors to include written communications, reporting, events, and meetings with key Thomas More Society staff.
- Assist with current development events and contribute ideas and strategies that improve financial success and strengthen relationships with attendees.
- Develop new events that engage prospects and educate them on the benefits of supporting the Thomas More Society through major and planned gifts.
- Maintain accurate data on donors and donor interactions to improve Thomas More Society knowledge of donor base, and develop stronger relationships with donors to grow financial support both now and in the future.
- Set up weekly meetings with caseload donors that create opportunities to educate donors on Thomas More Society impact, improve relationships with donors, and solicit donors for increased investment.
- Speak publicly in large and small events on the mission, impact, and financial needs of the Thomas More Society in order to inspire donors to increase financial investments.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
Communication: Must have excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Avid support of the pro-life, pro-family, and pro-marriage movements.
- Understand and appreciate the vital role that the Thomas More Society plays in defending and promoting a culture of life, traditional marriage, and religious liberty.
- A spirit of empathy and optimism when interacting with current and potential donors.
- Creative thinker and self-starter with ambition to grow a successful development office.
- Understand and support the Thomas More Society mission and the department’s goals and objectives.
Compensation: Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits
This is a Chicago-based, full-time, salaried position.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send the following to Cristina Burke, Office Manager, at email@example.com. Please include “Manager of Donor Relations” in the subject line.
- Cover letter including a personal statement of support for the pro-life movement and the Thomas More Society’s mission as well as how your experience and background will help advance our mission. Applicants who do not include this in their cover letter will be rejected without further review.
- Salary requirement
- 3 or more professional references
No telephone inquiries or office visits will be accepted at this time.